I am writing an open letter to you to tell you how grateful I am for your trust, your commitment, and your strength. You see, it is with your strength that I have grown as a person and a coach. Your belief in me has led me to grow what I love which is helping others find their way through building their own strengths.
You are brave. You are strong. From the moment you commit to me, you have made a commitment to yourself. But, also know that when you make a commitment to me, I make a commitment to you. I created a program that is more than just fitness and nutrition, but about finding yourself and learning what your body is truly capable of.
But, as you go through the workouts and as the days pass I hope you learn and understand that to achieve greatness, you must first believe that you are great. I already know that each one of you is meant for something more and that you can achieve your goals, but you must believe it first.
You must understand the following five things in order to proceed:
- Commitment isn’t just for three days of the week (number of Warrior workouts). It is committing to yourself seven days a week, taking care of your temple because we are so blessed to be healthy and active on this earth.
- Be honest with yourself. Do you really need that slice of pizza or glass of wine because you had a bad day at work?
- Surround yourself with positive individuals. You will have friends and family who will try to sabotage your progress. This is why you have a team of Warriors who look for you in class.
- Change isn’t easy. It is actually quite scary, but change must happen in order to create a healthy habit. I am here for you every single step of the way.
- You are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for. If you just push through the pain, the difficulty, and the stress of making big changes, I promise that what you are seeking is right on the other side. Again, I am here with you along with your fellow Warriors.
What you put into something is exactly what you get out. You are just as much a human as everyone you take care of around you. So please take care of yourself first. Another thing, don’t be so hard on yourself! We are all a work in progress and we all change differently–physically and mentally.
Progress takes shape in many forms. For instance, did you do more rounds of your circuit than you did the week before? Celebrate! How about picking up a heavier weight than you did after the first couple weeks? Celebrate! How about fueling your body with healthy foods for an entire week–heck even an entire day is something to celebrate.
Progress happens all around us if you are willing to open yourself up to it. Warrior Body is about embodying yourself as a whole, but you have to allow yourself enough time to appreciate it because without appreciation you will still chase after that number on the scale.
I believe in you. I learn from every single one of you and make continuous efforts to evolve our program. But, always remember you are meant for something greater–treat yourself like it. We choose what efforts we make, so choose the effort that brings you closer to your goals.