Men’s Health Magazine asked Kill Cliff Fight Club Fighter and UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya to show them what is in his Fight Week gym bag. Izzy takes on power-puncher Jared Cannonier during UFC 276 on Saturday, July 2 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
The loquacious and good-humored Last Stylebender seemed to enjoy showing off his gear during a video session apparently shortly after a workout. We know that because he describes the Kill Cliff performance tee he’s wearing as wet.
Here’s what’s in the bag. Some of it you expect, but some of it might surprise you:
· White 7-ounce MMA sparing gloves. “Fresh,” he says. “Smell like victory.” He likes the 7-ounce ones before a fight instead of heavier gloves to get his hands ready for the 4-ounce version he’ll wear during a match.
· Classic black PUMA suedes for post-fight strutting. Retail, about $70.
· A wireless Bluetooth speaker. “Gotta have the boom. I can cultivate the atmosphere I want.”
· A bottle of UFC branded H2O. “Stay hydrated,” he advises with a wink.
· Extra shirt. The one he pulls out is another Kill Cliff shirt that he says he’ll change into when he leaves the gym. Get your own here.
· A 12-ounce can of Kill Cliff Tekilla Kiwi, featuring his Last Sylebender image on the can. “Keep the energy up,” he says, which it certainly will, thanks to the 150mg of clean caffeine, no sugar, tons of electrolyes, and natural kiwi fruit flavor. Also, no spiking, no crashing.
· Jelly beans? Yes, jelly beans. He tosses one over his head and catches it in his mouth. “Aaaaaay, victory.”
· Wallet, which no doubt will be fatter after UFC 276.
You can see the video here.
By the way, if you want to sip a refreshing, energizing Izzy-inspired drink while watching UFC 276, here's a recipe for our Tekilla Kiwi Kooler.
Fill a tall shaker with ice.
- Add 2 ounces of quality gin—we like Hendricks for its infusion of botanicals (rose and cucumber)—to the shaker.
- Add ¾ of an ounce of St. Germain or another quality elderflower liqueur.
- Add ½ ounce of lime juice
- Add a dash of simple syrup.
Strain that beautiful beverage into a tall tumbler with fresh ice and empty an entire can of Kill Cliff TeKilla Kiwi to it. Stir to mix and top it with a dash of soda water.